Thursday, January 22, 2009

Socks


I'm not sure why I even bother with socks. Livija hates her socks. HATES them. No matter what I do, those suckers just slip right off. At first I thought it was because the socks weren't made well, so I tried a variety of brands and styles; but, I've come to the conclusion that Livija is hell bent against having anything cover up her little toes (of course, because socks prevent her from eating her feet).

It's amazing really, we'll start the morning with socks on. By 8:00am I've replaced the socks at least 5 times. They slip off on the exersaucer, they fall off in the jumperoo, and they're kicked off vigorously while sitting on her play mat. If she has socks on, she'll rub those little feet together like she's a caveman trying to create fire. I swear - I'm just waiting for her socks to burst into flames from all of that friction.
What's funny is that I've never been a sock person, and either has my father. Sock aversions must be genetic. My father and I are both infamous for not wearing socks in the dead of winter...not even while shoveling snow...we just don't like socks. I'll start off the night with socks on, and inevitably kick them off around 2am. Piyum always asks me why I wear socks at all, and I don't really have a good answer for that (probably because, like underwear, you're just SUPPOSED to).
So, if Livija doesn't want to wear socks, who am I to tell her she has to? She's 5 months old - I'll let the kid live a little!!!

No comments: